Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Top 10 Reasons NOT to be a Gold Dredger in Nome
A person CAN make money in Nome, but it isn’t easy. Mining in general is a difficult business and is surprisingly more difficult than it looks. It can be an emotional roller coaster. When it is good it is really good, and when it is bad, it is terrible!
You shouldn’t be a Gold Dredger in Nome if...
1) You can’t take scratches, bruises, freezing half to death, mosquito bites, sunburn, seasickness and other physical abuses.
2) You can’t pick up 200 lbs without a problem.
3) You can’t move around in tight spaces and hold awkward and uncomfortable positions.
4) You are generally a jerk.
5) You can’t think clearly in a jam.
6) You are afraid of water and the ocean or cannot swim.
7) You lack patience and perseverance.
8) You dislike labor intensive jobs.
9) You cannot see clearly enough to see yellow against grey in low light and visibility.
10) You want or need a steady paycheck.